System Architect (Big data)
Are you passionate about building innovative applications for the future?
Arivista Digital seeks experienced lead architect to join their fantastic and dynamic team of developers to build an innovative product for the future. The candidate will deal with complex, inter related applications and systems
being designed for today’s big data platforms, and will work with rapidly evolving technologies and many of the worlds leading organisations to analyse and define unique solutions. In this role you will be partnering with several
stakeholders: Researchers, Product Managers, Development and QA teams to deliver a world class product.The individual will provide thought leadership and drive architecture and the design of Big data analytics solutions for
Arivista Digital Customers and will demonstrate the understanding of concepts, best practices and functions to implement a Big data solution for Pharma industry. We offer a truly refreshing and flexible working environment
including casual dress, flexible working hours with work from home options.
- Bachelor’s, Master's degree in Computer science, Mathematics, Engineering or relevant fields.
- 10+ years of experience as technology leader designing and developing data architecture solutions with more than 2 years specialisation in big data architecture or data analytics
- Strong, in-depth experience in data modelling and experience with business intelligence systems (dimensional modelling, data mining, predictive analysis)
- Experience working with Cloud storage solutions in AWS, Azure etc.
- Ability to recognise and implement common data patterns and best practices
- Ability to use Rapid Application Development (RAD) and Agile process methods
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Hadoop scripting, Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Sqoop and SQL DB
- Exposure to architect solutions in building frameworks for data ingestion, loading and transformation
- Strong software development skills (version control, code review, testing, release, monitoring and debugging)
- Must have experience in managing the full life-cycle of a Hadoop solution. This includes creating the requirements analysis, design of the technical architecture, design of the application design
and development, testing, and deployment of the proposed solution
- Working experience in both Batch Processing and Real Time Processing
- Exposure to scripting technologies such as Python, Ruby and Shell scripting
- Leads a Data Engineering Team, supporting one or more application projects, or responsible for a discrete data consulting engagement
- Elicit review, and validate data requirements, including: Data integration (ETL, EAI, web services), Meta data, Modeling (Conceptual, Logical, Physical), Data delivery, and Business intelligence.
Designs the data architecture and data integration layers
- Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology by participating in research and analysis
- Work collaboratively within an agile product team made up of product managers, developers, and fellow UX experts to design applications and engines that balance the users’ needs with mission/business
goals and technological capabilities through iterative releases.
- Develops or enhances the development best practices, contributes innovative ideas to the Arivista Digital knowledge base
- Contributes to the leadership and ongoing development of at least one DE community
- Work closely with top-tier developers, UX and product teams to design and build great mobile consumer experiences
- Strong understanding of Object oriented programming concepts
- Experience with protocol-oriented programming and reusable code development.
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and stakeholders
- Takes ownership of highly complex or critical database incidents and problems and provides resolutions in a timely manner
- Ability to navigate in ambiguity, react quickly and comfortably to change, and drive clarity, actions and decisions